Welcome to the Governing Body at Rowan Tree Primary School:
- Miss Pamela Hough (Co-opted Governor) - Chair of Governors
- Mrs Lesley Roberts (Co-opted Governor)
- Ms Liz Loftus (Headteacher)
- Mrs Iwona Goddard (Local Authority Governor)
- Mrs Claire Roche (Staff Governor)
- Mr Edward Hanley (Co-opted Governor)
- Mrs Maxine Waith (Co-opted Governor) - Vice Chair
- Mrs Luisa Preston (Parent Governor)
- Mrs Tanya Ludbrook (Parent Governor)
- Mrs Michelle Brennan (Co-opted Governor)
Every school has a governing body which represents the interests of the children, the local community and the wider public in the running of the school. Governors work with staff and the Local Authority to help secure the best possible outcomes for the children in their school.
Our Governing Body meets every term, and it is supported by the work of the Curriculum Committee and the Finance, Premises & Personnel Committee who also meet termly. All governors are encouraged to particpate at Committee level.
The 2013 School Governance Regulations state that the three core functions of a governing body are -
- to ensure that the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school are clearly defined
- to ensure that the Headteacher performs their responsibilities for the educational performance of the school
- to ensure the sound, proper and effective use of the school's financial resources
For all enquiries please contact the Clerk to the Governing Body, Mrs Marion Wood, at the Wigan Local Authority Governor Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).